Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Crust (makes 24 mini cheesecakes):
6 Medjool dates pits removed
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Remove the pits from the Medjool dates and soak them in warm water for 10 mins. Drain the water from the dates and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process until the nuts are crumbled and the crust is sticking together on its own.
Press about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mixture into the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
1/2 cup frozen strawberry slices
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain cashews from the soaking water and rinse with water.
- Add them to a high-speed blender along with frozen strawberries, agave nectar, melted coconut oil, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and set aside. Clean out the blender to make the strawberry puree for the swirl.
Allow these strawberries to melt at room temperature or heat over low heat in sauce pan for a few minutes until soft. Blend into a smooth puree.
Place a scant tablespoon of cashew filling on top of the pressed crust. Place a 1/2 tsp of strawberry puree on top of the cashew filling and swirl with a toothpick into the filling. Freeze the cheesecakes for 1-2 hours until solid. Remove them from the mini muffin trays and allow to thaw for 10-15 mins before serving.
February 9, 2015 | 12:09 PM
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Ingredients (1 serving):
2 tbs natural peanut butter
3 tbs raw cacao nibs
Pinch sea salt
Drizzle of agave (or maple syrup), optional
2. Add peanut butter, cacao nibs, sea salt and agave, and blend a little longer until you get a soft-serve ice cream consistency.
Tip: You can add many other things to this frozen banana ice cream base. Try candied nuts, almond butter or another favorite nut butter, cinnamon, frozen blueberries, chopped dates, or candied ginger. The options are endless.
August 18, 2016 | 3:25 AM
Dairy-Free Double Chocolate Cookies
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cups earth balance butter
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbs unsulfured molasses
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl cream together earth balance, sugar, vanilla, and molasses until fluffy. Then add in non-dairy milk and mix until well combined.
4. Add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop 1/4 cup of cookie dough and roll it into a ball, then flatten the cookie slightly with your hand onto un-greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
April 9, 2015 | 9:49 AM